Solar Harvest - Solar Energy Support Scheme for Schools and Welfare Non-Governmental Organisations
Solar Harvest is introduced by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region ("Government") to subsidise and assist:
- schools (except Government and profit-making schools); and
- welfare non-Governmental organisations (“NGOs”) which are receiving recurrent subventions from the Social Welfare Department
in installing small-scale solar photovoltaic (“PV”) systems at their premises.
- Solar Harvest is a Government programme to promote the development of local renewable energy. It provides subsidy and one-stop service to help eligible schools and welfare NGOs install small-scale solar PV systems at their premises. These schools and welfare NGOs can then join the Feed-in Tariff (“FiT”) Scheme operated by the two local power companies. Under Solar Harvest, the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department will follow through the entire process of solar PV system installation (including conducting site visits and technical assessments, drawing up design of solar PV systems, procuring equipment, installing solar PV systems and conducting system testing, etc.) and facilitate the participation of eligible schools and welfare NGOs in the FiT Scheme (including submission of FiT applications to the power companies and liaising with the power companies on the grid connection arrangements, etc.). All the expenses in relation to the solar PV installation and FiT application (including capital costs of the solar PV systems, installation costs and costs of professional services, etc.) will be fully covered by the Government under Solar Harvest.
The Guide to Application for Solar Harvest can be downloaded here:
- Interested schools and welfare NGOs should return the completed EOI forms, supporting documents and supplementary information on or before 4 April 2019 (Thursday) (Batch 1 applications) or 31 May 2019 (Friday) (Batch 2 applications).
- Original copy of the completed EOI form should be returned by post. We encourage participating schools and welfare NGOs to submit other supporting documents and supplementary information through electronic means as far as practicable in order to reduce the use of paper, though submission of the relevant documents and information in hard copy will also be accepted. Postal and email addresses are set out below:
Postal address: Energy Efficiency Office, 7/F., Electrical and Mechanical Service Department Headquarters, 3 Kai Shing Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong
(Please state “Solar Harvest” on the envelope)
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Please state the name of participating school / welfare NGOs)
Other reference materials can be downloaded here:
- Presentation Material for Briefing Sessions (March 2019)
- For enquiry, please contact the Event Secretariat of EMSD by telephone at 3155 3977 or by e-mail (email@example.com).